We have hearing collections from three different brands which are imported from European countries such as Swiss and Germany. Phonak (Switzerland), Hansaton (Germany) and Bernafon (Switzerland).
The devices vary from lower channels to higher programmable channels of hearing aids, ranging from 2 to 20 channels.
All of our hearing aids are moisture and dust resistant.
- Behind-The-Ear (BTE): Can be worn comfortably behind the ear. These models are available in many different colors, styles and designs.
- Mini BTE: These models are smaller in size than standard BTE models and are available for mild to severe High frequency hearing loss.
- In-The-Ear (ITE): These models fit the shape of your ear canal for maximum benefit and the best possible comfort.
Available in many skin tones. The smallest models sit in your ear canal and are virtually invisible. These models are suitable for mild to severe hearing loss.
- Completely-In-Canal (CIC): device fits the deepest within the canal; a tiny extension cord is used to place and remove the instrument. Skin tone colors available .They are Custom fit are nearly invisible, Available in many skin tones
- Invisible in canal hearing aids (IIC): These type of hearing aids fits inside the ear canal completely, leaving little to no trace of an installed hearing aid visible. Available from 4 channels to 16.Available in many skin tones.
Assistive Listening Devices
Assistive Listening Systems (ALSs) are sometimes called Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs). They are amplifiers that bring sound directly into the ear. They separate the sounds, particularly speech, that a person wants to hear from background noise. Medcon Provides the following types of Devices to further support Hearing aid uses.
1. FM System-The personal FM system consists of a transmitter microphone used by the speaker (such as the teacher in the classroom, or the speaker at a lecture) and a receiver used by you, the listener.
2. Bluetooth systems (Phonak Wireless Accessories) -Modern hearing aid technology makes hearing and understanding in most situations enjoyable.
Implantable Hearing Devices
Medcon has a successful history with Implants. Which are known as the following. A thorough rehabilitation process is taken care by our center with qualified professionals and doctors.
- Cochlear Implants: A cochlear implant is very different from a hearing aid. Cochlear implants bypass damaged portions of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. Signals generated by the implant are sent by way of the auditory nerve to the brain, which recognizes the signals as sound. Hearing through a cochlear implant is different from normal hearing and takes time to learn or relearn.
- Middle Ear Implants:A middle ear implant like the SOUNDBRIDGE is an alternative to conventional hearing devices. It is designed for individuals who cannot use hearing aids or who ar not satisfied with them and do not achieve sufficient benefit with other hearing devices. The SOUNDBRIDGE has been approved for patients who have been diagnosed with mild to severe sensorineural hearing loss or conductive or mixed hearing loss.
- Bone conduction Implants:Bone conduction implants are used when the natural sound transmission to the inner ear is impeded, for example when the middle ear is blocked. With the BONEBRIDGE, sound is transmitted to the bone and the bone then conducts the sound to the inner ear. The path through the outer and middle ear is bypassed in this case
Ear Moulds / Plugs and Accessories
- Noise attenuation ear Plugs: These Ear plugs are used by workers who are been exposed to noise throughout the day.
- Frequency Calibrated (Musician) :This for musicians. These Custom Musicians Earplugs™ have been the high-fidelity hearing protector of choice for professional musicians and music lovers.
- Swimming plugs: Worn during swimming sports to protect from middle ear infections.